Updated: Mar 9, 2020
Here are a few tips to help everyone get a better nights sleep...
1. Always place baby on their back to sleep.
2. Place your baby in the "feet to foot" position – with their feet touching the end of the cot, moses basket, or pram.
3. Have your baby sleep with you in the same room in a separate cot or moses basket for the first 6 months.
4. Need to feed every 2-3 hours to thrive & grow including during the night.
5. Use a mattress that's firm, flat, waterproof and in good condition.
6. Keep your baby away from smoke during pregnancy and after birth.
7. Make the room temperature between 16C to 20C, with light bedding or a lightweight baby sleeping bag.
8. Daytime Naps - At this age babies should be having between 3-5 naps per day, lasting 30 minutes - 2 hours.
9. Practise putting your baby down awake. Being a newborn they generally will be asleep when you do this but its definitely a good habit to get into.
10. Evening routine. It is never too soon to implement a routine. This can be very simple. Make bath time relaxing, a nice baby massage after bath can be lovely too.
Find out more about Sleep by Alexandra
Sleep by Alexandra helps your family sleep better so you can enjoy more time together. Alexandra Collingbourne is a sleep consultant specialising in safe, holistic methods of getting your baby, toddler or young child to sleep in a way that empowers parents to live better, happier and with more energy. Specialist postnatal depression & anxiety support is also available for those who need it.
Choose from 8 stunning layouts
Your Wix Blog comes with 8 beautiful layouts. From your blog's settings, choose the layout that’s right for you. For example, a tiled layout is popular for helping visitors discover more posts that interest them. Or, choose a classic single column layout that lets readers scroll down and see your post topics one by one.
Every layout comes with the latest social features built in. Readers can easily share posts on social networks like Facebook and Twitter and view how many people have liked a post, made comments and more.
Add media to your posts
When creating your posts you can:
Upload images or GIFs
Embed videos and music
Create galleries to showcase a media collection
Customize the look of your media by making it widescreen or small and easily align media inside your posts.
Hashtag your posts
Love to #hashtag? Good news!
You can add tags (#vacation #dream #summer) throughout your posts to reach more people. Why hashtag? People can use your hashtags to search through content on your blog and find the content that matters to them. So go ahead and #hashtag away!