Updated: Mar 9
Here are a few tips to help everyone get a better nights sleep...
1. Always place baby on their back to sleep.
2. Place your baby in the "feet to foot" position – with their feet touching the end of the cot, moses basket, or pram.
3. Try to ensure baby's room is decluttered, not too much noise (unless using white noise) and no bright lights.
4. Make the room temperature between 16C to 20C, with light bedding or a lightweight baby sleeping bag.
5. Maintain a regular feeding and napping routine during the day.
6. Focus on effective feeding/adequate nutrition i.e. when weaning from 6 months.
7. Daytime Naps - At this age babies should be having between 2-4 naps per day, lasting 1-2 hours.
8. Practise putting your baby down awake. Avoid feeding or rocking them to sleep.
9. Be aware of any developmental changes so you can adapt schedule/sleep.
10. Evening routine. This can be very simple. Make bath time relaxing, a nice baby massage after bath can be lovely too.
Find out more about Sleep by Alexandra
Sleep by Alexandra helps your family sleep better so you can enjoy more time together. Alexandra Collingbourne is a sleep consultant specialising in safe, holistic methods of getting your baby, toddler or young child to sleep in a way that empowers parents to live better, happier and with more energy. Specialist postnatal depression & anxiety support is also available for those who need it.
What can members do?
Members can follow each other, write and reply to comments and receive blog notifications. Each member gets their own personal profile page that they can customize.
You can make any member of your blog a writer so they can write posts for your blog. Adding multiple writers is a great way to grow your content and keep it fresh and diversified.
Here’s how to do it:
Head to your Member’s Page
Search for the member you want to make a writer
Click on the member’s profile
Click the 3 dot icon ( ⠇) on the Follow button
Select Set as Writer