Updated: Mar 9
4 years old +
Here are a few tips to help everyone get a better nights sleep...
1. No screen time before bed. Ideally 1/2 hours prior to bedtime.
2. Reduce stress at bedtime. Create a calm environment with quiet and relaxed activities.
3. Make sure they have exercised their body and stimulated their mind during the day.
4. Tackle any bedtime fears. Don't dismiss any 'monsters' help deal with them.
5. Have a consistent and calming bedtime routine. Bath, book, bed.
6. A good well nourished diet. Avoid heavy meals or caffeine before bed.
7. Make the room temperature between 16C to 20C.
8. Do not focus on sleep at bedtime. Encourage your child to calm and relax their body.
9. Set an age appropriate bedtime.
10. Be aware of any sleep disorders they may have. Always seek help if needed.
Find out more about Sleep by Alexandra
Sleep by Alexandra helps your family sleep better so you can enjoy more time together. Alexandra Collingbourne is a sleep consultant specialising in safe, holistic methods of getting your baby, toddler or young child to sleep in a way that empowers parents to live better, happier and with more energy. Specialist postnatal depression & anxiety support is also available for those who need it.